To optimize the interest of Nigerian women and young girls in studying mathematics; developing research capability of Nigerian Women in Mathematics; helping Nigerian Women in Mathematics effective teachers and lecturers of Mathematics.
To achieve its objectives, NWM
- may organize meetings, workshops, conferences, courses and seminars, arrange negotiations, disseminate a newsletter and other material related to its aims emphasizing the involvement of women.
- operate as a publisher, prepare proposals and motions, make statements, award grants and prizes, and represent its membership.
- may, according to the situation, act directly or co-operate with individuals or bodies having similar aims, and set up subordinate bodies for special tasks.
- will enhance opportunities and participation of NWM members in local and international conferences, workshops, short courses and Postdoctoral fellowships.
- will take initiatives for young girls to continue with their studies in mathematics.
- will PROMOTE outreach mathematical programmes or sessions to promote mathematics in schools.
We look forward to moral and financial support from individuals and organizations for the achievements of our vision.